Monday, March 17, 2014

Apresuraré mi obra en su tiempo

Sorry, I didn´t have much time to write last week.  I have a ton of things to write all of you, but I´ve got a bunch of other things to do too, so we´ll see if I have enough time.

My mom recently asked me for ideas about how to have more refferals to give the missionaries.  I wrote this to her, and then later decided that it´d be something good to put on the blog.

The idea is:

1.Make a list of all of your friends, family, and aquaintences that don´t know the gospel, and might be interested in listening (when someone doesn´t know that many people, this list should basically be all of the non-members that you know within the ward boundaries).

2. Pray and ask for help from the Lord to know which of the people in the list is prepared to recieve the Gospel (D+C 88:73 "Behold, I will hasten my work in its time" - the Lord is hastening is work and SOMEBODY in that list is ready to recieve the Gospel).

3. GO with the missionaries and with Dad and try to teach, invite, inspire, or get to know better the person in the list.  (Call them and say, "hey Elders I have a referral for you")

Trust me, this works.

You can also read this article, especially the Section "Bringing people into the Church" for more ideas.

If after doing the 3 steps and reading the powerful words of President Hinckley, you still don´t have anyone to present to the missionaries.  Go and visit a less-active member and invite him to go back to church.  Ask him who he knows that could receive the missionaries.  The less-actives always have a bunch of non-member friends.

Elder Casdorph

No comments:

Post a Comment