Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Noche blanca y Reinaldo

As I wrote last week, we are planning a noche blanca (night of a whole lot of baptisms) for the 16th of November.  We have the potential of baptizing 25 people (in the 4 branches in Bermejo) and 6 of those 25 baptisms will be my companion and I´s investigators.  We have the potential of doing it, but it will require a ton of work, prayers and miracles.

One of the fantastic investigators that will be getting baptized that day is Reinaldo.  I´m sorry, I don´t have much time to write about him, so I copied and pasted what I wrote about him to my mission president.  Sorry, it´s in Spanish, but I hope that google translate does the story justice.

Tuvimos muchos milagros con todos de nuestros investigadores éste semana.  Uno de esos es Reinaldo Orado, un investigador en nuestra área que tuvo un gran milagro éste semana. Él es el "esposo" de una menos activa en nuestra rama que recién vine desde el campo de Santa Cruz y quiere cambiarse y ser mejor padre. Sábado le enseñamos la Doctrina de Cristo y invitamos a bautismo para el 23. Él acceptó y estaba tan animado a bautizarse que pidió que adelantamos la fecha! 

Él dijo, "Oigan, hermanos. Ya estoy 9 meses sin alcohol, y estoy haciendo muchos cambios para estar mas con mi familia y voy a ir con ellos cada Domingo a la iglesia. Siento que debo bautizarme y quiero esto "nuevo comienzo" el mas pronto posible. Me dijieron que iba a ver muchos bautismos el 16. Depende de ustedes, yo no sé, pero ¿creen ustedes que yo puedo estar listo el 16?"

Sintiendo tan felices, le dijimos que si. Le di un folleto de la ley de castidad para leer antes de la próxima cita.

Ayer en la iglesia nos dijo, "Oigan hermanos, yo estaba leyendo el librito que me dieron, como yo quiero bautizarme no, como les dijo y allí dijo que para bautizarme tengo que estar casado, y yo no estoy casado."

Luego el habló con el presidente de rama y le dijo que quería casarse y bautizarse.

Estamos super-felices para él y para todos.

The Google Translate / Andrea-edited version:
We had many miracles with all of our investigators this week. One of those is Reinaldo Orado, an investigator in our area that had a great miracle this week. He is the "husband " of a less active in our branch that just came from the area of ​​Santa Cruz and wants to change and be a better father. Saturday we taught the doctrine of Christ and invited him to baptism for the 23rd. He was so animated [that after he accepted and asked how] to be baptized, we advanced the date!
He said, "Hey, brothers, [for 9] months I [have had] no alcohol, and am making many changes to be more with my family, and I will go with them to church every Sunday. [I am excited] to be baptized, and I want this "new start " soon as possible. I was [already] going to see many baptisms on the 16th. [It] depends on you; I do not know, but do you think that I can be ready the 16th?"
Feeling so happy, we said yes . I gave him a brochure of the law of chastity to read before the next appointment.
Yesterday at church said , "Hey brother, I was reading the book I got, as I want to be baptized now, as I said, and there [it said] that to be baptized [I have] to be married, and I'm not married."
Then he spoke with the branch president and said he wanted to marry and be baptized. 
We're super happy for him and for everything.

I´ll let you all know more about the noche blanca next week.  We are gonna go to Santa Cruz Monday and Tuesday, so I won´t get the chance to write home until Wednesday, but at that point, all of the baptisms for the 16th should be in the bag.  I hope all is going well back in the states and hope to hear from you guys too.

Elder Casdorph

ps. we´re making t-shirts for the noche blanca, and attatched is the design that my companion and I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment