Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Emergency Companion Exchange


I have a new companion. His name is Elder Vasquez and is from Santiago, Chile. He is the only member of the church in his family.  He´s a chubby fellow who looks kinda like Gabriel Iglesias and apparently enjoys field hockey.

I found out that he was to be my companion Monday night, just as p-day was ending and we were about to out and proselyte.  We got a call that there was to be an emergency companion exchange and Elder Garcia was to be ready to leave in an hour.  To be honest I wasn´t too happy and neither was Elder Garcia.

Those of you who know me well, know that I am terrible with both names and directions and well...being in a foreign country speaking a different language doesn´t really make it any easier.  Also, because my new companion is new to the area it´s my job to teach him who people are and where they live.  To make a long story short, we got lost a bunch this week because I couldn´t remember well where people lived or how to get there.  I was feeling pretty darn crappy, especially after one instance of looking for an investigator´s house (that I should know where it is) for about an hour and a half and not finding it.  I prayed...a lot. Now things are going better, and we´re working better.

Elder Casdorph

No comments:

Post a Comment