Wednesday, April 17, 2013

y fue guiado por el Espíritu sin saber antemano que iba de hacer

We had 2 baptisms this week, but none of the 3 USB ports in this computer work, so the pictures will have to wait until next week.  We baptized Amberly Belen Reynaga (11 yrs) and Maria Alejandra Flores (10 yrs).  Both of them are children of less-active members who we helped to return to the church.


The last week or two honestly haven´t been that great.  We weren´t teaching very well, nobody was opening their doors to listen to us, and we just weren´t having much success.  I was trying to incorporate new ideas, trying some other things to give our companionship a bit more life (One of these things should have a couple photos and stories next week).  Wednesday morning, the thought came to my mind that I should pray to have less conflict and problems between my companion and I.

"No, I don´t need to do that, there´s not conflict between us, we´re buddies."  I thought.


Later, came the impression, "It´s what you need.  Just trust me."


I prayed. Just after praying, I felt a warm feeling come over me and I knew that I had found what our companionship needed: more unity, so that  we could be guided by the spirit.


The next day we found a man who said that he had been praying, crying and asking God for help when he heard a knock at the door (us).  Yesterday we found a young father who was worried for his family and wondering what he could do to help when we appeared in his window.


The church is true and the power of prayer is real. I invite you all to pray, you may not think that it is what you need, but...it is.


1 Nephi 32: 8-9

8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the devil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
 9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.


Elder Casdorph 











No comments:

Post a Comment