Monday, October 14, 2013

El Gran Cambio a la Rama Bolivar

The exchanges came (exchanges? I´m pretty sure thats how you say cambios in English) and I got...changed?...transferred? I´m sorry.  My English is severely suffering, but the point of the story is that I am now serving in a new area and with a new companion.  I am still in Bermejo, but now in a different area.  In the house where I was living there are 2 companionships or 2 areas.  I got changed from one of these areas to the other, so my big transfer just meant moving all of my stuff across the hall.  I still live in the same house as my old companion, so I still get to ask him how things are going with Fernando, the branch, and our investigators.

My new area is Bolivar 1 (the old one was 1 de Mayo 1), and my new companion is Elder Brasher from Oklahoma.  This is my first time in the whole mission being with a gringo companion and what makes it even better is that we are from the same group and were in the same district in the MTC in Lima, Peru.  It´s cool to see how much we have both progressed after leaving the MTC.  We get along great and all is going just fine.

When I went to church on Sunday, a ton of the members told me, "you look just like the Elder that is in the other branch!" and I enjoyed responding, "I am the elder that was in the other branch."  Anyways, there are a lot of new things with being in a new area, but at the same time, I´m still living in the same house, so everything feels pretty much the same.

Elder Casdorph

No comments:

Post a Comment