Monday, April 28, 2014

Mudanza de Casa

This week we moved our house.  I have helped many people move, but this was the first time in my life that I have moved (other than the whole Utah-Indiana and America-Bolivia thing....and all of the misionary transfers)  It was wierd to move all of the stuff and arrive at a completely different house, in a completely different place....with the same furniture and all or the same stuff.

In other news, the Rivero family went to church for the second time and everyting is on track for their baptism May 10th.  The kids really like the primary and the father has started to say "when we get baptized" rather than "if we get baptised".  The sad thing is that is like a 95% probability that I will leave the area May 7th.

I wanna share something that I learned this week and that I wrote tomy mission president, but I´m out of time so I´m gonna copy and paste it in Spanish. I hope it makes sense

8 (Pues sus discípulos habían ido a la ciudad a comprar algo de comer.)
31 Entre tanto, los discípulos le rogaban, diciendo: Rabí, come.
32 Y él les dijo: Yo tengo una comida que comer que vosotros no sabéis.
33 Entonces los discípulos se decían el uno al otro: ¿Le habrá traído alguien de comer?
34 Jesús les dijo: Mi comida es que haga la voluntad del que me envió y que acabe su obra.
35 ¿No decís vosotros: Aún faltan cuatro meses para que llegue la siega? He aquí os digo: Alzad vuestros ojos y mirad los campos, porque ya están blancos para la siega.
37 Porque en esto es verdadero el dicho: Uno es el que siembra, y otro es el que siega. Juan 4:8, 31-35, 37

Comida del hombre: nuestros propios deseos
Comida de Cristo: Hacer la voluntad de Dios

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

8 (His disciples had gone into town to buy food.)
31 Meanwhile, the disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.
32 And he said to them: I have meat to eat that ye know not.
33 Then the disciples said one to another, What man brought him ought to eat?
34 Jesus said unto them, My meat is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest.
37 For in this the saying is true: 'One sows and another reaps. John 4:8, 31-35, 37

Man Food: our own desires
Food of Christ, doing the will of God

-Elder Casdorph

No comments:

Post a Comment